Austin Fire Museum Photo Gallery | Past Fire Stations | Old Central Fire Station | HL1 Colo2 Woodward
This picture was taken probably very close to 1916, the year Austin became a paid department. This fire station was originally built in 1885 and the companies that worked there were Austin Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1 and Colorado Fire Company #2. The units were renamed in 1916 during the paid transition to Truck Company No. 1 and Engine Co. No. 1. Clarence Woodward, Austin's first paid fire chief, is pictured in the fire chief car to the right.
Photo from Fire Chief Leo Mueller (1912-1913) personal photo album.