Fire Station No. 4
Year Opened: 1905
Units: Engine 4
Location: 1000 Blanco Street, 78703
Fire Station 4 Photos
Fire Station 4 is the oldest operating fire station in the Austin Fire Department and the only operations fire station that dates back to the horse drawn era of firefighting in Austin. Fire Station #4 was the original fire station for West Austin Volunteer Fire Company #7. In 1916, when the Austin Fire Department transitioned from a volunteer to a career department, West Austin Fire Station #7 became Fire Station #4.